Preparing for school during the holidays
Do you have a little one who is off to Kindergarten next year?
The Christmas holidays can be a great time to help prepare them for their kindy journey!
As part of our school readiness program, we do lunchbox weeks, uniform days (where the children dress up in uniforms) and visits to local Primary Schools (where possible due to COVID restrictions).
Recently, our Centre Manager at Peakhurst West, presented to the Preschool parents on school preparation and we thought we would share some of the info!
Things to practice at home:
- Packing and unpacking bags
- Opening containers, lunchboxes, drink bottles
- Dressing and undressing (opt for easy clothes and shoes)
- Tying shoes
- Toileting independently
- Fine motor skills (cutting, scissiors, holding pencils and small objects)
What to bring on first day:
- Lunchbox – recess and lunch and crunch and sip packed separately (crunch and sip is usually fruit/vegetables cut up) and lunch is generally like sandwich, fruit, crackers.
- Classroom supplies
- Jumper in case it gets cold
If you have any questions about our School Readiness program, please speak to your Centre’s Centre Manager or Educational Leader.