Montessori Spotlight – Practical Life Skills!
Our Montessori Spotlight is focussed on practical life skills such as fruit cutting!
Did you know guiding children and teaching them simple tasks such as food preparation can reap so many benefits?
What are the benefits of fruit cutting and food preparation?
- Develops high concentration levels in children
- Creates a sense of independence and boosts confidence
- Builds respect for the child’s surroundings and their environment
- Enhances fine motor skills
- Boosts hand-eye coordination
Adding to this, if your child is a fussy eater – fruit cutting and food preparation can be turned into a fun process and can be viewed as enjoyable rather than as a chore for your child!
Next time you are preparing food for the family, get your little one involved by allocating them simple, manageable tasks such as cutting fruit and see how your child gets involved!
If you would like to find out more about our exclusive Montessori curriculum, click here!