Recipe of the Month
Hi Everyone! We are back with another fussy easters recipe for April. Do you struggle to feed your little ones veggies, but they love pasta? If so, this recipe is for you!
Introducing Creamy Alfredo Pasta!
This recipe is yummy and easy to pack for lunch for your kiddos and to take some to work for yourself too 🙂
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup reserved cauliflower water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can of peas (optional)
- 1 box of linguini
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower and boil until tender (around 10 min). When done, reserve one cup of the cauliflower water before straining. Add cauliflower to a high speed blender then use the pot you used to cook your cauliflower to prepare your pasta.
- Heat olive in a pan over media heat then add onion cook for 3-4 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to the blender along with almond milk, reserved water, cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth, if too thick add a little more almond milk.
- Add cooked pasta to the fry pan you cooked the onion and garlic in along with cauliflower Alfredo, heat over low heat and mix together until well combined, warm for 1-2 minutes. Then add peas.
- Place desired amount in a bowl and enjoy! Recipe stays good in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days (make sure to reheat on the stove top adding a dash of olive oil to smooth out the sauce).
If you try this recipe make sure you tag us on Instagram so we can see! (@stgeorgemontessori)