In celebration of Chinese New Year this month, we wanted to share with you our dumpling recipe from Kingsgrove.
The Little Ducklings (0-2 year olds) had so much fun making these. They are easy to make from home and really yummy!
Mix in a big bowl
- 2 diced onions
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 cups of diced Chinese cabbage
- 2 kg pork mince
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbs corn flour
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- pinch of salt
2 packets of dumpling wrappers
- Working with one piece at a time, add about a tablespoon of filling to the middle of the dumpling wrapper and then fold the ends up and over the filling. Twist the top of the dough so it sticks together.
- Once you have 12 dumplings done, let them rest for 20-30 minutes before streaming them.
- Add the dumplings to a bamboo steamer, leaving some space between each dumpling to prevent them from sticking together and steam them over a pot or wok until they are cooked through (takes roughly 15 mins). To make sure the don’t stick together, lightly oil the steamer or lay down some lettuce leaves in the bottom of the steaming racks.
- Let the dumplings cool briefly when they come out of the steamer and serve immediately.